Rocket 150

JaymzHatstand

I've got this on video, taped from when it was on the BBC in 1980, and pretty much grew up watching it.  The video has started to get a bit worn and my video recorder isn't the most reliable of machines any more so I was wondering if anyone knew of a DVD source of the programmes screened to coincide with the celebratory events.  

I am aware of some footage on the BBC archive website, but this isn't the full cavalcade.  There was also a preliminary program looking around the Bold Colliery sidings where the cavalcade was assembled featuring some great interviews and commentaries from Brian Redhead and David Jenkinson.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for this I'll be most grateful!

Thanks

J

• 1 year later...

Hi J,

It's a while since your original message but stumbled on this on YouTube and searched back into rmweb to find your post.

Starts with "The Great British Experimental Railway" (i.e. Liverpool Manchester, Rainhill trials) but at about 40 minutes changes to

"Rocket 150 Behind the Scenes", which is the behind the scenes preview to the cavalcade.

Watch closely and you'll see a blue 44/45/46?? going about its everyday work while the APT and Flying Scotsman await the big show.

Cheers,

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived