Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bearings for 7mm - 3/16 axle, for springing?

dajt

Hi all,

I'm having trouble making my own bearings and would like to know if there is a supplier who sells just the bearings. I am looking for bearings like would be used with horn cheeks etc - square or rectangular, not top-hat ones.

I've used Slaters ones for my 4-4-0, but they're a bit expensive and I don't need the extra parts that come with them.

Regards,

David.

Hi dajt,

I always use those supplied by Laurie Griffin. A pack for a single axle costs £12.00 + p&p, and contains a pair of cast brass hornblocks, bearings, keeper plates, retaining and adjusting screws and suspension springs. Hope this information is of some use to you.

Beat Wishes,

dave

I'm not aware of anyone supplying them seperately, but willing to be proven wrong.

Two other suppliers of square bearing plus hornblocks etc that I know of are :

Alan Gibson at £9.50 a pair

Meteor Models at £8.50 a pair or £14.50 for 4.

I know Hobby Holidays do a bearing set but IIRC they are etched units holding a ball bearing and expensive.

Archived