Building in card and wood

This link was found on the Gn15 forum, which is a regular source of interest and information that is applicable to all scales. I urge fellow modellers not to neglect other forums just because they use the "wrong scale", there is a lot of good stuff out there. Important tip: if you are building a model that has windows buy the windows first. Cutting out the apertures first then trying to find a window to fit is a frustrating experience.

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_structure-doan_engineering.html

Always try to keep an open mind when you are modelling.

Wood can be very helpful by card modelling.

Shipbuilding, military and other disciplines can give sometimes good ideas about what is possible and how to do it.

For instance Emmanuel Nouailler is not only an excellent railway scenery modeler, but also built some great military scenes.

In his latest article in a Belgian railway modelers magazine he suggested to have a look at the small parts used in military modelling (1:87).

Regards,

Job

Always try to keep an open mind when you are modelling.

Wood can be very helpful by card modelling.

Shipbuilding, military and other disciplines can give sometimes good ideas about what is possible and how to do it.

For instance Emmanuel Nouailler is not only an excellent railway scenery modeler, but also built some great military scenes.

In his latest article in a Belgian railway modelers magazine he suggested to have a look at the small parts used in military modelling (1:87).

Regards,

Job

Very true, EN uses the same method as myself to produce textured surfaces for some buildings, that of impressing designs on foamboard, from which one face has been removed. His weathering is streets ahead of mine, however!

A small bothy, by way of illustration, I suppose it is still card modelling because one face of the walls stays as card......

post-106-0-66639600-1334326349.jpg

Doug

Thank you, Geoff, I look at photographs/pictures of one wall, rougly draw that and then mark each conjoining wall from the previous one.

Hi, Tom, rather than hi-jack this thread, I'll do a 'how-to' in this forum soon, if there is enough interest [?] but I'm off for a few days in my caravan this evening so it will be in a little while, Thank you for your interest,

Doug

[...........now where did I put that spare can-opener....?...]

Archived