RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hope he ain't changed his mind again and gone back to 00  :O  Hahaha

Cheers, Bob.

No chance of that Bob, l am sticking to O gauge, (well today anyway hahahaha) 

Have started building the steps on the J94

post-7716-0-20992400-1460285423_thumb.jpg

The loco l have decided to build is No 68071 which had an extended bunker and an extra step in the middle also had a long ladder at the rear

post-7716-0-34809900-1460285425_thumb.jpg

Also l have added extra support to the steps by soldering some brass rod behind them

post-7716-0-70428100-1460285427_thumb.jpg

With the chassis l have plunger pick-ups on all wheels

post-7716-0-83788800-1460285429_thumb.jpg

starting to look the part now...

post-7716-0-78216100-1460285431_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Agh were O.K. Bob, just seen the post above, got a bit worried for a bit there.

Very good G.

Yeah I think its safe to say that George is back into his 0 Gauge ok - Well, as he said for a few days at least :jester: Hahaha

Cheers, Bob.

• Like 2

Hi George,

You may have noticed (!) that I've done a bit of a marathon catch up with your work bench thread! Sorry for the rash of likes, they're all deserved.

I'm amazed at how clever you've been with your various builds, some brilliant solutions there. Also, my apologies about the lack of instructions with the BR 20T brake van kit, if it's any consolation, I think that's how it came to me.

Don't forget that you had found nickel silver easier to work with (as do I) and that you liked guitar string for electrical pick ups!!

I'll give you a call in the next couple of days!

Cheers buddy,

John

• Like 3

Hi George,

You may have noticed (!) that I've done a bit of a marathon catch up with your work bench thread! Sorry for the rash of likes, they're all deserved.

I'm amazed at how clever you've been with your various builds, some brilliant solutions there. Also, my apologies about the lack of instructions with the BR 20T brake van kit, if it's any consolation, I think that's how it came to me.

Don't forget that you had found nickel silver easier to work with (as do I) and that you liked guitar string for electrical pick ups!!

I'll give you a call in the next couple of days!

Cheers buddy,

John

Morning John, You do realize that it was you who gave me the final push l needed to go back to O gauge don't you ? hahahaha..

Well l have been finishing off and refurbishing a Wagon & Carriage 7mm J94 kit which had been started, l have chosen 68071 which was based at Gorton in Manchester in the 60s, and had an extended coal bunker with a ladder at the rear which l had to make...

First l photo-stated the drawing and put double-sided tape down then added the brass rod...

post-7716-0-75207900-1460371917_thumb.jpg

Then soldered up the ladder...

post-7716-0-30415500-1460371920_thumb.jpg

Then check a photo of 68071 to see where the ladder was fitted...

post-7716-0-45319900-1460372215_thumb.jpg

Job done...

post-7716-0-73178900-1460371924_thumb.jpg 

• Like 5

Morning John, You do realize that it was you who gave me the final push l needed to go back to O gauge don't you ? hahahaha..

Happy to oblige, George!

It seems that it was a very fortuitous deal for us both, CA really fits my plans now!

Btw, how's the 08 doing?

Cheers matey,

John

Happy to oblige, George!

It seems that it was a very fortuitous deal for us both, CA really fits my plans now!

Btw, how's the 08 doing?

Cheers matey,

John

Hello Mate, l am going to buy some connecting from Premier Components and some plunger pick-ups, but that will be when l have finished the J94..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No chance of that Bob, l am sticking to O gauge, (well today anyway hahahaha) 

Have started building the steps on the J94

attachicon.gifIMG_5379.JPG

The loco l have decided to build is No 68071 which had an extended bunker and an extra step in the middle also had a long ladder at the rear

attachicon.gifIMG_5380.JPG

Also l have added extra support to the steps by soldering some brass rod behind them

attachicon.gifIMG_5381.JPG

With the chassis l have plunger pick-ups on all wheels

attachicon.gifIMG_5382.JPG

starting to look the part now...

attachicon.gifIMG_5383.JPG

Superb work George.

Superb mate, has it got a detailed Bulkhead?

Have you any Crew lined up yet?

Thanks Buddy, Yes l will have some nice details in the cab and will look for some nice crew figures at the Leigh show...

• Like 4

Thanks Buddy, Yes l will have some nice details in the cab and will look for some nice crew figures at the Leigh show...

l managed to fit some fittings in the cab (not 100%) but it looks about right, also removed the ladder and will make a better one...

post-7716-0-54154900-1460413120_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-08339200-1460413123_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Cheers Bob, Will you ever be returning to O ? 

Hi George - Like you I have sold all my O Gauge Loco's/Stock and Layout, so don't think that I will be going back to O .... But, you can never say never ;)  Hahaha

Nice work Mate on the J94 :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Hi George - Like you I have sold all my O Gauge Loco's/Stock and Layout, so don't think that I will be going back to O .... But, you can never say never ;)  Hahaha

Nice work Mate on the J94 :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Morning Bob, Having finally realizing after hours and hours of hard work on various layouts steam and diesel and spending a fortune in the process all wasted,, l now know its the building of locomotives and rolling stock and not the actual operating them, so for the present l will be making as many models in O as l can, and as you say never say never..

l managed to fit some fittings in the cab (not 100%) but it looks about right, also removed the ladder and will make a better one...

That will be fun painting and picking out all the nice details in the Back Head before you fit it permanently mate.

That will be fun painting and picking out all the nice details in the Back Head before you fit it permanently mate.

The worst thing l have to do now is to take it all apart to paint it, not my favourite job, (note to myself)  future projects will have the chassis painted BEFORE construction ?

My J94 is almost ready for the paint shop, after a good clean up and wash..

.post-7716-0-64299200-1460544729_thumb.jpg

68071 had a vent in the roof so l had to make one..

.post-7716-0-48388900-1460544731_thumb.jpg

When l was into O gauge a few years back l found a Black primer that was so good you could spray the whole loco as it was such a good finish, trouble is l cant remember what it was.. any idea lads ?...

post-7716-0-57771400-1460544733_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-78420200-1460544735_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

My J94 is almost ready for the paint shop, after a good clean up and wash..

.attachicon.gifIMG_5397.JPG

68071 had a vent in the roof so l had to make one..

.attachicon.gifIMG_5398.JPG

When l was into O gauge a few years back l found a Black primer that was so good you could spray the whole loco as it was such a good finish, trouble is l cant remember what it was.. any idea lads ?...

Halfords Matt Black as used by most of our Clubs O Gauge Loco Builders on Black Locos mate, same for Brown and Grey Primer for Vans and Wagons.