Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

On a separate note, were 'Toad' brake vans around into the BR era in revenue earning service? How long did they last?

Rich

The Toad brakevan was around well into the 1970's (and some a bit later), but only as Engineering stock really, their last 'revenue' earning duties being in the mid 60's (although I will stand corrected).

I think the vacuum fitted vans lasted longer than the unbraked versions.

Andy,

Well Andy, a move to O, or is it an additional layout?   :O

I really like your 45xx, well built as well. 

Sorry about the hijack George, nice job on the Toad. :imsohappy:

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

The Toad brakevan was around well into the 1970's (and some a bit later), but only as Engineering stock really, their last 'revenue' earning duties being in the mid 60's (although I will stand corrected).

Ah! Ok, later than I thought in revue earning service then. Thanks Jinty.

Rich

Morning Buddy, What got me thinking about going back to O gauge was that lovely layout 'Trebudoc Mk1, just a simple shunting layout you built, and l thought go for it son,  hahahahaaha so its your fault buddy...love those Dapol wagons....

• Like 2

Andy,

Well Andy, a move to O, or is it an additional layout?   :O

I really like your 45xx, well built as well. 

Sorry about the hijack George, nice job on the Toad. :imsohappy:

Jinty ;)

Ha ha David, I should NEVER have sold all my O Gauge, that Prairie was a cracker, it ran so well and the Sound was superb.

It will be another Layout, just a small one that will go in the back of the Car for Local Shows etc.

So to summarise, the Blue 08 should be here any time, the Green with Chevrons will follow and I now have a Brake Van courtesy of George, a 5 Plank and a Milk Tank and the Peco Templates for building some Points.

• Like 3

Morning Buddy, What got me thinking about going back to O gauge was that lovely layout 'Trebudoc Mk1, just a simple shunting layout you built, and l thought go for it son,  hahahahaaha so its your fault buddy...love those Dapol wagons....

Cheers mate, the Milk Tank is a Brass or White Metal Kit and is really heavy, Just need a couple of Parkside kits to take away on Holiday in November now.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, the Milk Tank is a Brass or White Metal Kit and is really heavy, Just need a couple of Parkside kits to take away on Holiday in November now.

As you say mate you will only need a few wagons and two 08s for a layout, with your skill in building layouts l am sure it will be another classic...

After everything was going well l have hit a problem with the handrails on my toad, the instructions say to solder the handrails onto the upright girders but they stick out too far so l have cut slots into them to make them look better, l think they will be ok when l clean them up ?...

post-7716-0-19966800-1463991858_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-28327300-1463991860_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Still looks the Dogs nuts mate, excellent, almost tooooooooooooo good to cover in Paint, hahhahah

Thanks Buddy, l am waiting to see a track plan of the new O gauge layout you are thinking of, should then have some idea of what l want,, don't fancy coaches etc etc just a nice shunting yard...

Thanks Buddy, l am waiting to see a track plan of the new O gauge layout you are thinking of, should then have some idea of what l want,, don't fancy coaches etc etc just a nice shunting yard...

Talk about come full circle :O - We drift away from O Gauge but the Bug is still there :yes: .... No point in resisting I suppose :help: Hahaha

Nice work George :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Talk about come full circle :O - We drift away from O Gauge but the Bug is still there :yes: .... No point in resisting I suppose :help: Hahaha

Nice work George :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Are you strong enough to resist a come back too ? ...

• Like 1

Err I think so George :scratchhead: well at least until I see the Dapol 08 in the flesh :locomotive: Hahaha

Cheers, Bob.

Hello Bob, l think the Dapol 08 will get a lot of guys into O gauge ?...

Well l have given my computer to my son Chris who has moved out now, so l now have his old room for my O gauge venture, so where to start? guess a track plan needs to be drawn up, then start to make some track, but first l need to buy another computer....

• Like 4

George, the G0G's 'Small layouts book 1' is available for download on the G0G website and book 2 is/was available in paperback.  The Wild Swan publications by Iain Rice 'An approach to Model Railway Layout Design - finescale in small spaces' and 'Light Railway layout Designs' are both well worth a look. I sometimes go back through old MRJ's or Modellers when looking for inspiration and/or there's nothing on the telly!

Ray.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys. Will have a look Ray cheers might be useful l as l don't want a station area just a goods yard, l might use all the shelving melamine Chris has left behind which is 18 inches wide and vary heavy, as it will be a stay at home layout....

• RMweb Gold

How much space do you have George? I could probably find some suitable plans for you to consider. You say you only want a goods yard what about a fiddle yard or do you just want to shuffle wagons like an inglenook?

Don

• Like 1

I would refrain from using Melamine mate, its heavy, (and you may want to move it / Sell it at some point, it shiny so doesn't adhere to well, and will a lot of bracing. 

• RMweb Gold

Well l have jumped in with both feet again and bought a DCC set up and a SOUND loco ? in O gauge...

What's this George!  "No way will I go DCC let alone sound - there is no need for it"  Have I really read this last statement correctly?

Welcome to the club!

Peter

• Like 1

What's this George!  "No way will I go DCC let alone sound - there is no need for it"  Have I really read this last statement correctly?

Welcome to the club!

Peter

l couldn't agree with you more Peter, we ALL make rash statements sometime in our lives and that was one of them (hahaha) but l still say if you have loads of locos in OO all fitted with sound chips on the same layout they become boring and noisy,