The 3rd Gildersome Model Railway Show 8th September 2012

jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

I am pleased to announce that the 3rd Gildersome Model Railway Show will be held at it's usual venue

Gildersome Baptist Church, Church Street, Gildersome, LEEDS LS27 7AN on Saturday 8th September 2012.

Opwn from 10.00am to 5.00pm.

Admission £3 adults, £1 for Children

The following layouts have already confirmed that they are attending:-

EARLSHEATON. A brand new 00 layout based on the station of the same name near Dewsbury

By the Wakefield Club. Set in the 50's/60;s. This will be it's first ever outing.

MOXLEY HEATH A 7mm Industrial shunting layout from this forum.

Just accepted today

MENASHA WI, HO prototype Wisconsin Industrial layout from the Wakefield Club Much admired this year at Glasgow and on this forum.

A PORTABLE G SCALE LAYOUT IN THE GARDEN By Chris Stevens

At least one possibly two 009 layouts By the Whitehouse brothers.

OTT an On3o American Logging pike by Graham Ash

And a late entry. Michael's Green an N gauge layout on it's first outing.

Plus

TRADERS

MILLENNIUM MODELS

DC KITS/D & E VIDEOS.

DEMONSTRATORS

Charles Shearn Tree making

Plus others still to be finalised.

There will be the usual light refreshments including tea and coffee and stuffed baked potatoes.

The venue is easily accessible by public transport from Wakefield or Bradford via the 425/427 service or from Huddersfield or Leeds via the 229.209 service and the 205 from Dewsbury. Ask to get off at Church Corner and walk 250 yards past the parish church and the New Inn the Baptist Chapel is on the right.

All proceeds will go to a support a church based charity.

Jamie

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

As it is getting very close I can now report that Clarence Park has had to withdraw.

However it has been replaced by OTT an On30 US Logging layout by Graham Ash.

The baked potatoes will be vailable again.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Well the show is nearly on us. Everything is ready. The potatos have been bought and fresh scones will be baked in the morning. The layouts start to arrive this afternoon. It should be a good little show. If anyone is coming to Shipley from the south it is just off Junction 27 of the M62. LS27 7AN.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Can I just say a big thanks to everyone who helped make the Gildersome show a success. We raised £15o for our charity in El Salvador. It was good to see Moxley Heath which looked good and Menasha (WI) ran well.. All in all a good but tiring day.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Just a note to anyone who came and was dissapointed by the empy space on the left hand side of the hall. I've now had a grovelling apology from the owner of OTT who ahd got the date wrong and thought it was today. Also one of my demonstrators had a senior moment and went to his caravan for the weekend. My apologies to anyone who ws expecting them. I will try to do better next year once I have sorted the date out as SWMBO has a rather significant birthday on the day before the show.

Jamie

Archived