Farish 150 pickups

dave flint

I wonder if anyone can help me. My long stored farish 150/1 has come out for a test today. And although the trailer car could pick up power, the motor car stuttered and stalled with lights flickering for a good few minutes. Eventually, after a bit of running, its improved a lot, but still has trouble with power collection on curves.

Where my Dapol stock.can be done easily, I can't see how two clean Tue pickups on this. I suspect the problem is the connection between Tue bogies and the strips on the chassis.

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like you need to pop out each wheel set. Then clean them thoroughly. The 150 uses current collection from the pin point end of the axle. Also clean the collection point on the bogie frame. The spring arrangement for current collection into the body can be temperamental but may need slight adjustment or possibly cleaning to remove any oxidisation of the brass contact strips.

That should hopefully improve performance. On my Farish 150 clean wheel sets make for extremely smooth and Low speed crawling.

Archived