Jubilee 45717 'Dauntless' Livery?

Guest Tom F

Guest Tom F

Hi all

I would be very interested if anyone has information or perhaps a photo of 45717 of Bank Hall Shed around 1950.

My main reason for asking was that I was wondering if she would still be in lined black with BRITISH RAILWAYS on tender....or had she gone BR Green already? I've searched my 'Book of Jubilees', Power of the Jubilees' and the internet, but sadly found nothing so far. I know in this period she was coupled to a Fowler riveted tender.

Cheers

Tom

Essery & Toms book "LMS Jubiless" gives the repaint dates as 1947 for LMS 1946 black livery and 1953 for BR green. In the colourail shot posted by Michael she seems to be in 1946 black with small BR numbers whcih would fit.

Guest Tom F

Thanks guys, that has very much answered my question, and was the kind of livery I'd hoped to.

A later project towards the later end of the year, is to use a new jubilee and mate the old Bachmann jubilee boiler to it, seen as from all accounts, Mars and Dauntless were seen quite regular at York.

Michael, that photo is perfect, I've downloaded the large scan and that will certainly provide me with a good reference to weather from when the time comes.

Many thanks all! :)

Tom

A later project towards the later end of the year, is to use a new jubilee and mate the old Bachmann jubilee boiler to it, seen as from all accounts, Mars and Dauntless were seen quite regular at York.

The two Jubilees which you mention plus "Glorious" along with Patriot 45517 (never named) and the occasional Caprotti Black 5 were all regulars on the 10:30 Restaurant Car express across the ex-L&Y route from Liverpool Exchange to Newcastle (as far as York) and I would see them regularly at Normanton (West Yorkshire) in the late 1950s and early 60s. I've also got a picture of the Patriot mentioned working the up Waverley express at Skipton - http://www.flickr.co...els/6388483891/ - which would have been a much rarer event.

Nice to recall these memories.

John.

A later project towards the later end of the year, is to use a new jubilee and mate the old Bachmann jubilee boiler to it,

I want to model Mars one day, I was under the impression Bachmann have only ever done one version of the jubilee, was the older Bachmann version the longer firebox one?

Archived