9-pin decoders - do Lenz make them?

John_Hughes

Some North American locos come fitted with 9-pin sockets; I use Lenz decoders as standard, but it seems very hard to find out if they actually make 9-pin decoders.

So, two questions - do Lenz indeed make them, and what is the product code if they do?

And failing that, who else makes a good and suitable decoder? Can we please avoid Bachmann here...

Thanks!

• RMweb Gold

No idea about whether Lenz have any with the JST 9 pin connector. I use the TCS T1 in my US locomotives. This has 2 functions, the T4 and T6 versions have 4 and 6 functions. I believe there is a Digitrax decoder also available with the 9 pin option.

Tony

Lenz has made decoders with JST connectors in the past. The Gold, 1025, 1014, 113XF, and 102XF have all been available in this form (with a -JST suffix on the model number), but they currently do not appear to make a decoder with a JST socket.

See the out of production section here http://www.lenzusa.com/1newsite1/Manuals.html#locomotivedecoders

Adrian

Thanks to all for their suggestions; I've now bought a TCS 9-pin decoder, and will see how it goes this evening and report back later.

(Off to Llangollen Gala tomorrow!)

Great day at the Gala, but ruddy cold!

And the TCS chip is fine; does the job needed with no fuss at all, just needed a little resetting of the CVs.

Thanks, guys!

Archived