Great British Train Show - Brampton On

Theakerr

Just got back from above (475km). Excellent. A good number of layouts (including an S and O), all to a high standard. Good selection of vendors. Any folks living in the centre of the Universe and near planet orbit who have not included it in there weekend schedule should try to get there tomorrow. Well done Platelayers.

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of the club, Thank you.

We seem to have had a pretty good turnout today. The water boilers are threatening to change from alcohol to coal firing for tomorrow.

I managed to get the windows glued on in RM signalbox I'm building as a demo.

We also had a good time with Bridge Street, running a mix of stock from many eras (the young children seemed to like te Pendelino the best),

We had the Live Steam out for a bit, as well as some DCC sound, although most of the running was regular DC. Children were entertained by being allowed to shunt in the yard with Thomas and by the operation of the container crane.

It was a good show, the exhibitors, organizers, and vendors I spoke to all seemed happy.

Adrian

A few pics from the show for your enjoyment (hopefully). Layouts not included were due to the lack of quality of my photos rather than any reflection on the quality of the layouts

Cheers,

David

General views of the arena

post-5047-0-71648600-1335827732_thumb.jpg

post-5047-0-37806800-1335827814_thumb.jpg

Specific layouts

post-5047-0-39015000-1335827874_thumb.jpg

post-5047-0-29481800-1335827936_thumb.jpg

post-5047-0-97820500-1335828001_thumb.jpg

post-5047-0-33544800-1335828060_thumb.jpg

post-5047-0-58748900-1335828116_thumb.jpg

More to come!

My son & I really enjoyed this show. I thought all of the layouts were very well done. I was there for about 4 hours on the Saturday and still didn't have a chance to take everything in. I know I missed some good stuff that the vendors were selling but then that's probably better for my pocketbook! I took several pics as well -- might try to post some in due course. When I have my son with me, I can never linger for too long at one layout or vendor!

At most Canadian train shows, I'm delighted if I can find one or two tables selling British model items -- to have so many British sellers together in one arena was almost overwhelming!

The show seemed very well attended with a pretty good mix of age groups.

We really enjoyed watching the live steam models and we thought the O-gauge layout was pretty cool too. And I always enjoy seeing the Hornby Dublo layout.

Rob

Archived