An Invitation to those taking part in the 2010 Challenge

DutyDruid

Hi All

Before anyone asks, I have cleared this with Andy - you won't be breaking any rules of the Challenge if you accept this invitation.

Right, I was chatting to Graham Kendall about his 2010 Challenge entry the other evening and I suggested that he might like to aim to have it ready for the Fareham Club's next exhibition on 2nd & 3rd October 2010 - 18 days before the competition deadline.

The conversation developed into the idea that we might be able to offer exhibition space to a (limited) number of other Challenge entries at our event as well.

We run on "standard" exhibition lines - we pay genuine travelling expenses and provide food at lunchtimes both days. We can supply a bed for the night but B&B in Wickham is a bit limited so this invite is really aimed at those within reasonable striking distance of the venue (Mill Lane, Wickham, Hampshire, PO17 5AL) - unless you are interested in joining the Overnight Security Detail. Overnight use of caravans or camper vans is permitted in the car park so if you live further away but can be self contained on the accommodation front that is a possibility.

We will include a list of all layouts attending here on RMWEB and specifically identify those taking part in the Challenge, so this represents a good chance to get your work seen in the flesh by a wider audience and therefore get more votes.

Obviously we can't guarantee to take every single layout that is being developed for the competition, our budget won't allow it; but as these will all be relatively small layouts it is a good way for us to use what might otherwise be "dead space" in the one of the halls we use, it allows you the chance to display your entry (hopefully to the people who will be voting for it) and gives the potential voters a reason to come to the show to see your work before they vote.

The only advice I would give to prospective exhibitors is that it might be a good idea if the layouts have a lighting rig of some sort, I'm sure 009Matt will be able to tell you why.

Interested? PM me for more information.

Elliott

Guest 009matt

Hi Elliott,

yes - it forced me to swap dynamis for gaugemaster prodigy.

I can't do pm's on here, but I can bring boathouse number 5 if you want!

Matt

Hopefully, Tschebayersfeld should be ready for display then too, Elliott. (if you still have room after Weyford on Sea, that is! If not, Lynnbottom doesn't take too much space! :icon_lol: )

009Matt & I will get the CVs sorted for you!

Wow Fareham? Great never been to a proper model railway exhibition before. I hope to go and see all of those great layouts that make it.

Bring Hayling along too! Just let the DutyDruid know you're coming!(sooner the better!)

Just to let you guys know that I haven't gone away, just been a bit preoccupied with other stuff this last few days. :(

Thanks to JohnDMJ & 009Matt, I'll be in touch with you guys shortly; and LBSC123 as well - I've looked at your blog and like what I've seen, I'll be in touch with you too.

terriertankengine: Not sure if you are interested in bringing your layout entry or not. I need to know so that I can plan, and you need to know so that you can have it ready for the show. Could you confirm please, or better still could you get your folks to either Email me or to contact me through The Fareham Club's Website so that they know what you are letting yourself in for? Bringing a layout to an exhibition is good fun but at the same time they will need to know what's required so that they can help you prepare.

Thanks

Elliott

Sorry if you asked me closer to the time I might have been able to say yes. I had to ask my Dad and he said it's too far ahead to think about. Sorry.

--Terrier

That's OK, and I thought that might the case. If you and your folks are out and about on Saturday and you would like to see a small exhibition in progress you will find the club in Portchester Parish Hall (Map here) with Soberton and a couple of other bits and pieces including our Modules system. Drop by and see us and talk about when you think you will know whether or not you will be ready.

Elliott

• RMweb Gold

I would love to attend but two problems arise:

1) My layout isn't entered into the competition in the first place! (As I don't think it would be allowed considering I had already started it a year ago)

2) Even if I was allowed to attend, it depends if my parents will be willing to transport me and the layout up...

Jam :huh:

Did you see me? biggrin.gif I was with my Dad talking to the guy running the everyone-make-a-section layout. Of course, I was staring at the two terriers running. Three good layouts. The huge one was good and the engines didn't fall off as often as the one I liked. The E2 left it's coaches once as they fell off by the tunnel section. The Terriers were awsome!

Archived