Hi Andy and welcome to RMweb. I've been a regular visitor to your blog for some time and have found it a great resource for detail photos and explanations whilst building a CSP Radstock Sentinel kit. Looking forward to seeing Joyce in steam.

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Its great to see photos of the Sentinels and to hear about restoration of 7109 - well done!. I remember 'cabbing' no.53 when it was running on the Middleton Railway, a very snug place to be wth the boiler and engine to keep it warm. I have just finished a model 'Y3' in O gauge. Fancy doing one of the 100hp locos (like the Fry's one) in future. I also have a railcar to build from a kit..that will be a challenge.

Thanks for your kind, encouraging comments. The 'blog tends to drift as the winds blows depending on what's is current and what seems relevant. Don't be afraid to add comments or requests for information.

It's mainly my own documentation of the 7109 restoration so that I can come back to what I did earlier when I need to. But then it's an interesting subject and I've met many others who have Sentinel interests.

I'll do my best to keep it interesting although I do pride myself in having probably the most boring YouTube channel (unless you happen to like quirky bits of restoration activities!). http://www.youtube.com/user/Sentinel7109?feature=mhee

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Despite comments to the contrary on the internet in various places, Sentinel 7109 will remain Sentinel 7109.

Paintwork may vary in colour from the original green.

Andy

I hope you are not going to convert it into the S&DJR form as this will be same as taking the NRM money pit and converting it into the rebuild of the LNER Great Northern. I will love to come and see it running when restored to working order.

Archived