Froghall station (CVR)

Assuming you mean "in the old days" when it was a proper station, your best bet would be the County Library (or their Local Studies branch). They should hold copies of several editions of OS maps at 25 inches to the mile which give reasonable ideas of track layouts including signal post positions.

HTH

Richard

For a quick fix you can visit the old-maps website and bring up the 1925 OS map of the area, which unfortunately is a little low in detail and a bit blurred, but certainly gives a good impression of the overall layout of the station and its surroundings. I've done an exercise to create an overall plan, but the maps are all copyright so I cannot upload it here. You can obviously use one of the modern mapping sites to get an idea of the actual dimensions of key points to help scale the OS map.

the Churnet Valley Railway by Basil Jeuda (pub. Lightmoor Press 1999) has some lovely photo's of Kingsley and Froghall, but the track layouts could be better. Well worth a look. I had dropped the rest of the family at Alton Towers for the day, so in that context 20 quid for a book ain't bad!

Ed

Archived