Long Marton

I'm not going to move it here- it can stay in layout topics, but my OO scale effort is slightly documented at:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/13244-long-marton-sc/

-basically, 16.5mm gauge, 4mm scale, scale length but compressed width (not too much), model of Long Marton at the start of scenery. Trains run under DCC, with the intent being mostly to be a signalman rather than the more typical loco driver viewpoint. Control is handled by RR&Co version 5.0C. Located near Victoria, BC, Canada. (Visitors welcome, just drop me a PM if you are going to be on the island). I have ~250 photos taken in Long Marton, in 1996 and 2006. Most buildings still existant, so lots of good details available from them. (one thing to note: Rails in the Fells says Long Marton station is stone, it's not, it's brick...)

James

I reposted a bunch of the photos, some quite (16 years) old. I suppose I should see about printing any others I have of Long Marton V 1.0, I think there is about 10 frames of B&W. I know there are at least a couple more colour photos of it.

Anyway, todays adventure:

7212867274_e7c29eccd7.jpg

MSE signal by Peach James, on Flickr

Spent the last couple evenings of mucking around time with this little bit of work. (just recognized, I may have built it backwards...oh well, too late now...)

It is a test build of a MSE LMS signal, and may well end up just being used as a test build. I'm not sure yet...

Some soldered, some glued. Lots of fiddly bits in them to make it operate "right". The MSE instructions could do with a dose of photos, or at least of sketches of all the parts & where they go. (but are a nice etch). I'd also rather if the 10 thou hole wasn't 2 thou from the edge of the arm. I know, some things dont' scale well at all.

James

Archived