Gauge0guild access...

bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

Forgive me if this has been previously raised but...

It seems that the Gauge0guild website is only readily accessible to members these days.

I was trying to access the 'small plans' download (which I am sure I did a couple of years ago when I first had a 7mm rush of blood to the head) but now it seems to ask you to log in etc.

I can't afford another subscription at present but it seems a shame to limit such information for potential newbies to the scale.

Is it me or has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

..... Well, it's true that section is in the members area - but all society websites seem to have 'members areas' - and fair enough - if you gave away the crown jewels to everyone - then no-one would bother to become a member, and the society would wither and die.....

A sad reality of life, and applicable to all scales!

• RMweb Gold

I downloaded this not long ago. I can send it to you if you like but it's almost 11mb.

Thanks Steve...I'll drop you a PM :biggrin_mini2:

..... Well, it's true that section is in the members area - but all society websites seem to have 'members areas' - and fair enough - if you gave away the crown jewels to everyone - then no-one would bother to become a member, and the society would wither and die.....

A sad reality of life, and applicable to all scales!

Fair comment Giles...can't argue with that... :no:

5.95Mb

Ah, I should point out that I converted my version to spreads so I could understand the layouts without printing it - some of them are spread over 2 pages so makes it quite difficult to understand. I had to strip out the front and back covers to get it down to this size too!

Pete, I'l; send you mine but if you'd like the original version (with covers and single pages) I didn't save the original version.

...crown jewels

I agree, this handbook is nicely produced and could be considered a 'jewel' in GOGs trophy room. However, when I downloaded it, it was given away freely on the GOG website, which is where I got it. I think it's more of an enticement into the scale rather than a secret document to be kept from prying eyes.

Steve

However, when I downloaded it, it was given away freely on the GOG website, which is where I got it.

That may have been a result of accidental/poor web design, perhaps always indended to be members only.

My "FREE" copy has a price of £3.95 on the front cover/first page.

• RMweb Gold

Yes perhaps the website design has been altered now - I do remember downloading it before...but when I dropped my external hard drive last year it all disappeared to the great architect in the sky.

All resolved now - thanks everyone for the input on this.

Archived