Ashover Light Railway Presentation

Hi there

I have organised a talk about the Ashover Light Railway. It will be held in the village of Morton, in Derbyshire, on Thursday June 7th. It will be presented by Richard Booth, the chairman of the Ashover Light Railway Society, and will be a pictorial history of the railway and its surroundings, with refreshments provided. Everyone is welcome and if you have any problems, feel free to contact me through a PM.

Other information about the event is available on our village website here, and the poster can be seen here.

Thanks

mike@morton

• 3 weeks later...

It is a very interesting line itself. Richard gave a super presentation last night, and the cakes and refreshments were delicious, so my thanks go to eveyone who helped and came to see the presentation. Despite the weather (wet and windy), 65 people came to see the fascinating history and future of the railway, and £130 was split between the Ashover Light Railway Society and Holy Cross Church, Morton.

One of the village artists has also donated a beautiful picture of Bridget which he painted several years ago, and that is now with Richard and the Society. Several pieces of merchandise was also sold by the society, including walking maps and mouse mats, so if you want any more information visit the website, www.alrs.org.uk.

Thank you.

mike@morton

Archived