The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Putting up Posters - best way to ask?

S.A.C Martin

But for people who have visual sensistivity issues ebooks viewed on Kindle types devices are useless. A shame as it makes books far less inclusive :(

I doubt you'll see books die for many many many many years (decades probably) - it's the same argument thrown at newspapers, and less so magazines, people say 'print is dead' but while it's supplimented by ebook technology, it's certainly not supplanted by it.

Just walk into your average newsagents too see just how many publications there are, if they weren't selling then the newspapers wouldn't publish. As it is circulation is still very strong.

Incidentally I'm one of those who finds screens at times tough to read so nice that you picked up on that point ( I have Dyslexia and although it primarily with spelling and handwriting some colour schemes and type faces are horrible to read.)

Thanks for clarifying James, and you too Katier for your further comments. I hadn't realized the colour and typefont combination could have such a negative effect on reading.

If you could advise me further on the best format (you mention blue paper above - is there a specific tint or colour which comes out best?), I will endeavour to develop an "easy reading" version of the book over the next few months. Albeit it cannot be a proper printed book; rather a print off from the book's master file in a specific format. I will also endeavour to make it affordable for both anyone who wants to buy the book, and myself in terms of its manufacture.

If you could advise me further on the best format (you mention blue paper above - is there a specific tint or colour which comes out best?), I will endeavour to develop an "easy reading" version of the book over the next few months. Albeit it cannot be a proper printed book; rather a print off from the book's master file in a specific format. I will also endeavour to make it affordable for both anyone who wants to buy the book, and myself in terms of its manufacture.

Colour is variable from person to person and indeed non-dyslexics often find a tint of some sort helps. I find aqua to be clearest, another friend is lilac and another green. The best thing to do is make sure the background is off white and the type face is clear and larger, on printed matter 12 pt is good. My lilac friend loves Comic Sans and despite being a horrific typeface from a designers point of view, it's is an extremely clear typeface to read.

Archived