Loksound v4 XL's have landed!

legomanbiffo

Those of you who model in O or G may be interested to know that the Loksound v4 XL's are out now. I haven't had chance to try one yet but I have several in my possesion. I can't wait to fire one into my Heljan Class 26 test bed.

Any project designed for the 'normal' v4 will go onto an XL (or Micro) and visa-versa.

Time to make some noise....

Bif

Those of you who model in O or G may be interested to know that the Loksound v4 XL's are out now. I haven't had chance to try one yet but I have several in my possesion. I can't wait to fire one into my Heljan Class 26 test bed.

Any project designed for the 'normal' v4 will go onto an XL (or Micro) and visa-versa.

Time to make some noise....

Bif

A selection of XL's with sound loaded will be at DEMU Show at Burton on Trent this weekend!

A selection of XL's with sound loaded will be at DEMU Show at Burton on Trent this weekend!

Class 20, 26, 37/4 and 47 will be available at DEMU Burton on Trent this weekend..

Limited quantities so 1st come, 1st served!!

And the updated V4 manual is out covering the new XL.

Look here http://www.esu.eu/en...gital-decoders/

Well worth a read.

Indeed, thanks for posting the link to it.

It covers some parts of the decoder CV's which I've been piecing together without a manual. Nice to know I wasn't completely up the wrong tree. There are still a couple of gaps in the ESU manual, but I think my own additions to the document will now be much smaller.

- Nigel

The Zimo function where by you can go direct from high revs to idle very quickly without affecting actual speed would be nice. To be able to access this through a function button linked to event markers in RR&Co, well I can see a lot of use for it.

The V3.5 was slow in spooling up or down quickly and not very effective. Reading the manual it does give the impression that the new V4 XL does handle sound changes more quickly.

Looking forward to my 8 on order. Need to replace my V3.5XL's for 37, 40, 45, 47, 55 with 31 and 52 to follow as they are released by Heljan.

Will be an opportunity to upgrade my speakers as well using the twin speaker connections on the new XL

This is an interesting and timely development as I have just reached the end of work to upgrade my Heljan Deltic which now only requires a sound chip to complete it

Who can currently supply sound for an O gauge Deltic be it via a Locsound XL v4 or Zimo

I would greatly appreciate forum members views

Regards

Bob

This is an interesting and timely development as I have just reached the end of work to upgrade my Heljan Deltic which now only requires a sound chip to complete it

Who can currently supply sound for an O gauge Deltic be it via a Locsound XL v4 or Zimo

I would greatly appreciate forum members views

Regards

Bob

www.dckits-devideos.co.uk list a comprehensive range of Sound Projects including a Class 55 Deltic, all listing are '00' gauge but ALL can be put onto the V4 XL for £175.00 + £5.00 Postage.

interested in seeing a vid of a class 40 if/when someone does a vid.

be nice if one of the shops selling them could do that. could be a good advertisment aswel.

I like the sound on my3.5 xl but the clumsiness of the sounds blending sometimes is a bit frustrating,

I cant explain it but Im sure people will have some idea what I mean.

so if it improves on that I might be persuaded.

cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Fitted V4 XL to 37, 45 and 55 over the weekend and its very nice. Better all round and a direct replacement for the V3.5 XL but with the convenience of some of the connections being repeated at either end so makes wiring up even easier. Just make sure you know which way around the little terminals work and get yourself a good 2mm tipped straight screw driver to do all the terminal work.

When you undo the terminal, the little cable clamp moves from top to bottom and bottom to top when you tighten it up. The little clamp can get stuck up at the top and you need to push the screw downwards to push it down otherwise you will not clamp the wire when you think its all tight and snug in the terminal block. The wire then falls out and you wonder what is going on !

Also having two sets of speaker connections helps as well. I have the Visaton 50336 and ESU 50449 in each loco and the sound is very good.

Shame that the XL is not supported yet in the ECoS but having the Lokprogrammer solves the programming side. But the decoder is not recognised properly by the ECoS using Railcom Plus and you have to tweak the settings in the ECoS to sort out a few minor niggles. According to ESU, the next firmware upgrade should address this.

Got two class 47's and a 40 to come very soon to complete my current fleet change over to V4 XL's.

Archived