What is the best speaker set up for a ViTrains 37?

Poindexter

hi

i have a vitrains 37 i put a howes

sound decoder in it

just take the body off you will find a blanking

plug take it out and plug the decoder in with no1

to where it is marked.

the speaker goes in the roof pointing down

just behind the cab. great sound

cheers jack

Hi Jack

I already have a Howes Refurbished 37 sound chip but no speakers. I was posting to see what combonation of bass enhanced or reflex (and the size) people had used. Then I was going to order 1 (or2) from DCC supplies. My Bachmann 37 has twin speakers in the tanks, but I think I read somewhere that you can't do that with a Vitrains one?? So I was womdering what t put where.

Guy

I've just fitted a South West Digital sound chip to a Vitrains 37. Caroline at SWD (who didn't know it was a Vitrains 37) reccommended a second 23mm standard speaker and to put both in the battery boxes. When it arrived, I fitted it underneath the fan grill facing upwards (after frilling a few holes beneath the fan blade). I have to say that, even without fitting the second speaker, it's probably the best sound I've ever heard on a OO gauge loco.

One thing I.ve found, and after a lot of conversations with a guy who knows nothing about model railways but a lot about sound, is that little things can make a huge difference. As an example, refitting the fan in an otherwise standard Bachmann 47, resulted in a definite and immediate improvement in sound quality.

Archived