Prototypical coupling and Vac pipes

Jack

This is just what i do on my coach rakes. It is always nice to see a SR / BR(s) layout with coaches correctly mashalled into sets as per the prototype. This has taken some of the RTR manufactures a little while to get to grips with but they are getting there now.

I recently trawled the SEMG, and saved all the pictures of coaches, and organised them, VERY useful. However, the problem I have, is, in a rake, would all the coaches carry the set number, and did all the coaches, especially the brake coaches on both ends, 'ave the compartment windows facing to one side? Or would the front brake coach, the one turned around have the compartment windows on the other side? Because Hornby don't produce one.

( I do notice however they seem to print set numbers on the 4 compartment brake coaches.)

From experience, couplings come under the heading of theory. I recommend keeping the Bachmann couplings on all stock and locos and get something running. Remember that these allow you an operational railway where rolling stock can be automatically coupled, uncoupled using ramps and propelled without buffer locking.

After this, then look around for alternatives and test a couple of coaches and a loco to begin with. Afterall you are looking for a viable alternative that will give you all the operational things of Bachmanns' and not lead to frustration and the possibilty of packing in railway modelling!

Thanks Coachman! Those bachman pipe couplings to look viable to me! I thinl it would take more than some pesky couplings to make me pack it in! lmfao.gif

Archived