where is this?

kingfisher24

i am not entirely sure if this is the correct part of the forum for this but the topic is to do with scotlands railways.

i have recently come across a picture of one of N15 conversions, it is a lovely picture of the loco but i have no idea as to where the photo was taken.

i took my laptop to my local club and asked, we pondered and thought about it for a while but everywhere we thought that it could be, the running lines are facing the wrong way.

the loco was st margarets based and, as far as i am aware the loco's from this shed tended to stay more or less on home soil so to speak.

i am assuming that it is in the edinburgh area but where???

any thoughts on this would be most welcome.

post-10572-0-32503200-1339162347_thumb.jpg

a quick snap of my loco.

post-10572-0-15955800-1339162943_thumb.jpg

gary patterson

Guest stuartp

No idea where it is (sorry) but what they're doing looks quite interesting. I doubt that's coal they're dumping in the cess, so presumably it's ash/clinker for ballasting or making up the walking route.

• RMweb Gold

No idea where it is (sorry) but what they're doing looks quite interesting. I doubt that's coal they're dumping in the cess, so presumably it's ash/clinker for ballasting or making up the walking route.

I suspect it is ash and/or smokebox char - and they clearly got hold of an almost new wagon for the purpose (or the wagon went straight into a loco depot for loading not long after it left Pressed Steel(?). Regrettably I'm no help at all for the location but the ground signals suggest it is ex LNER.

My info is that it was at 62C, Dunfermline Upper, which makes it not so far from home.

Bernard

that would explain it :thankyou: looking at the photo has reminded of the fact that i still havnt added the steps and hand-rail to the rear of my conversion, oh well a job to do this afternoon.

• 1 month later...

Here is my model of 69135 from my Bonnington goods layout. A NB kits on a modified Comet Jinty chassis.

Bobpost-4161-0-56818300-1342276521_thumb.jpg

very nice, my conversion also has a jinty chassis, albeit a slightly modified Bachmann version, i was thinking more of reliability that accuracy, one day i may fit a more accurate chassis.

gary

Archived