Sound for Ruston DM

John K

Hi guys,

I am looking for a generic sound chip I can use in a kit-built Ruston Hornsby 165hp Diesel Mechanical shunter.

I already have a SWD Loksound ESU chip in an 03, so although those sounds might be OK for the RH, I don't want the same sounds in an 03 and the Ruston.

Any suggestions.

John K

Hi guys,

I am looking for a generic sound chip I can use in a kit-built Ruston Hornsby 165hp Diesel Mechanical shunter.

I already have a SWD Loksound ESU chip in an 03, so although those sounds might be OK for the RH, I don't want the same sounds in an 03 and the Ruston.

Any suggestions.

John K

John,

What about a Class 03 project from a different source/different loco than your existing SWD?

For example:

(Note that you would have two variations of 03 on the same decoder so you would be able to chose which version is closer to what you want.

If you want something more authentic and you can get the genuine engine sounds for the Ruston, I could substitute them for the Gardner sounds in the 03 as a bespoke project.)

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Nigel,

I maybe didn't make myself clear.

I have a good 03 sound chip in an 03 and it sound very similar to Paul's on the other thread.

What I was asking for is something that sounds a little different to go into the Ruston.

Best,

John K

John,

What about a Class 03 project from a different source/different loco than your existing SWD?

For example:

(Note that you would have two variations of 03 on the same decoder so you would be able to chose which version is closer to what you want.

If you want something more authentic and you can get the genuine engine sounds for the Ruston, I could substitute them for the Gardner sounds in the 03 as a bespoke project.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q19WRN1ZZvE

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I wonder where I can find a Ruston DM?

John K

John,

Where have you looked?

There's one at the Talyllyn Railway, (No5), other people here will probably know of others.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I'd be grateful if anybody who does know of the location of other Ruston DMs would let me know.

Then it's a matter of arranging to be there when one is fired up.

John K

Archived