Bachmann 47 Problem

ianwales

Hi all

I have a sound fitted Bachmann 47 and the diesel start up etc does not respond to the press of F1, the other sound such as horns etc all respond to F2 and the other func buttons. anyone with an idea what could be the problem and a solution.

Ian

It is entirely possible that the chip has been programmed without the F1 switch on/off enabled. It is possible to change CV's and to enable this feature but if this was a dealer supplied RTR chip ( and not Bachmann or Hornby factory fit ), then your first call should be to them. Once that avenue is eliminated then and only then can you venture into changing the requisite CV's.

Re post here when you are ready and we will need the chip type and its version number in order to direct you properly and you will need the kit that changes CV's and tell us what that is.

Thanks Ian. last and most crucial question. Is this a version 3.5 or a V4 Loksound?

Hi david

Can't check until tomorrow as I am in work, but, I have had the loco about 12-18 months and was a repaint from one of the first D1500 models(repainted to D1733) which makes me think it will be a 3.5 as I think the V4 is a camparativly recent chip.

Ian

Hi david

Can't check until tomorrow as I am in work, but, I have had the loco about 12-18 months and was a repaint from one of the first D1500 models(repainted to D1733) which makes me think it will be a 3.5 as I think the V4 is a camparativly recent chip.

Ian

Some help cut and pasted from another topic in DCC Sound. Courtesy of Nigel Cliffe:-

"You can get clues to which LokSound, by reading back the volume setting on the decoder. With older 3.5's they only went up to volume 64, with factory default of 64. Newer version 4's go up to 192, and the factory default should be 180. This is in CV63. You would be able to tell a 3.5 from a 4.0 by setting the volume to 60, 64, 65 and 129. With a 3.5, the volume will be loud on 60 and 64, probably almost silent on 65, and 129 (and even if it were loud, it would be no louder). With a 4.0, the volume on 60,64,65 will be fairly quiet, 129 will be significantly louder, and 180 or 192 much louder again."

Reading the CV's 7 and 8 might not help and visual inspection is no help as the chips can look pretty much the same to even a tutored eye. Another dead giveaway is the ohmage of the speaker; 100ohms for V3.5 and 4 or 8 ohms for V4 but that requires a strip down of the loco and speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived