Dapol N gauge class 66 decoder fitting

Finley

Hi all, I am new to this forum, but have been sent in your direction by Dapol customer support,

I have a N gauge Dapol class 66 loco DCC ready, but I have tried to use both Digitrax and TCS six pin plug in decoders, but Having issues refitting the body, and it will not sit fully down at the decoder end,

so my question is what decoders have people on this forum use, and have you have any issues with body shells,

Dapol say they have only used Lenz, CT electronik and Zimo decoders, for obvious reasons I would like to use the Digitrax ones due to finding they work well with my NCE Power Cab in other loco's and also the cost implications if the plan I have comes to fuition,

Cheers Neil.....

The CT is by far the smallest of the ones Dapol say fit, and the CT & Zimo offer better motor control in my view than a Lenz. The CT is cheaper than a Zimo, but considerably more expensive than a Digitrax or a TCS. The Zimo's six function outputs (four normal, two low-volts/low-current) opens up the possibility of correct lighting if you re-wire the loco.

Have you tried removing the heat-shrink tubing from the Digitrax decoder (assuming it has heatshrink, I'm only familiar with the hard-wire ones) ? It will probably void any warranty, but I cannot see why the decoder would fail to work.

Archived