Farren's RTR Work bench (LNWR Inspection saloon)

Glad they arrived safely. I do have to admit, the boxes used by Shapeways can be a bit out of proportion to the item, but do find good use as storage for other things. Tweezers and blu-tak highly recommended for handling!

The only notes I need to add now are:

1) The only work required is the removal of the supports, done to aid printing (shown in your photo as highlighted below), and the supports holding each light in the row

post-14921-0-30012800-1397220846_thumb.jpg

2) Due to a small, un-noticed error in the design, one of the lamps may be loose from the row of 5. I had assumed this had just fallen off in transit on my test batch, but noticed an error on the file when I modified it for the SR type today, where it was separated from the rest by .1mm. Shouldn't be any major problem, and is now fixed for future prints.

Other than that, enjoy, and I can't wait to see 46257 all lit up now!

• RMweb Gold

i think i will go with your earlier suggestion with the yellow LEDs i have put the lamps away until the LEDs turn up for safety, and try to work out the best way to wire them up to give me the individual lighting i would like to achieve well keeping the wires as tidy as possible. thinking of having a go at building a DCC loco chip and function chip to go with it. which would allow me to do all this.

in the mean time i will spend the spare time on the CAD program and a certain LNWR Saloon.    

• RMweb Gold

what could this be?

will need to do two different  drawing for each side.

have been force to draw this in 3/16 to one ft. does anyone know what the percentage would be to print out to 4mm scale 

post-12485-0-94478200-1397591181_thumb.png

• RMweb Gold

have done some more on the LNWR inspection saloon the top one is as was in LNWR times the bottom as LMS/BR some paneling removed the middle door other side not done yet( kitchen) was screwed up and would not have been in use but would the door have been made to look like  a panel or still looked like a door?

post-12485-0-01411000-1397779336_thumb.png 

• RMweb Gold

Help needed to finish brass etch dose anyone have photos of the saloon in BR days of the kitchen door and of the saloons ends with and without the gangway fitted. Please

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

All modelling has stopped until the house move as been completed. But after getting a photo of LMS No146 in the meantime  i thought i would try and get some bits together so when i'm able to do so more modeling after first clearing all the models i have on the go at the moment  completed i can build my self a model of 146. does anyone know of a kit or Drawings of the stanier 2-6-2t. 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

have finally been able to get back on Autocad and do some drawing does not look like much work has been done but all the paneling is been corrected will draw the couch ends next before layering up for etching.

post-12485-0-46292500-1403205367_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

has found out that gaps between lines can be set on different layers after infilling  some paneling red and setting the outer lines of the panels to the mid layer red frist. then want round Hecting the beading white and found out some of the panais turn white too? but still had a red line all around NO gaps either.  :O  two steps forward one back. is currently make sure all panels are on the right layers :drag:  after resetting the layers the panel stays red with white beading and a pic of the saloons end with a scale import of 247 roof profile to end with  

has found out that gaps between lines can be set on different layers after infilling  some paneling red and setting the outer lines of the panels to the mid layer red frist. then want round Hecting the beading white and found out some of the panais turn white too? but still had a red line all around NO gaps either.  :O  two steps forward one back. is currently make sure all panels are on the right layers :drag:  

post-12485-0-21237500-1403896573_thumb.png

post-12485-0-19161300-1403896584_thumb.png

post-12485-0-51618300-1403897041_thumb.png

post-12485-0-13879000-1403897147_thumb.png

Archived