Transfers (decals) for Lima 42' LMS GUV

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

I've just got 3 of the Lima bogie GUV's off ebay (plus a CCT). As I understand it they are quite a good representation above the frames so I'm having a go at transforming one into BR weathered livery (either all over carmine or all over maroon).

I need some appropriate transfers. I've used Cambridge Custom Transfers in the past and find them very good but their website says they're closed for a month for relocation!

From the list it looks like sheet BL5 might be the one (LMS general merchandise vans in BR days) but I can't be certain.

Does anyone know what sheet I need from them or any other supplier pls?

From the list it looks like sheet BL5 might be the one (LMS general merchandise vans in BR days) but I can't be certain.

No, that sheet sound more like goods vans.

You'll be after coaching stock livery elements - lining (possibly) and numbersets. I used HMRS pressfix on mine but Fox will have waterslide alternatives. In addition to the Modelmaster range Bill's pointed you to.

• RMweb Gold

The topic heading refers to 42 ft LMS. You are sure, aren't you, Metr0land?

Chris

It's the same van as shown in Coachman's thread as mentioned by 5C. I wasn't aware Coachman had done one, so I've got no chance of matching his expertise! Thanks to 5C for the link, and Jamie for additional transfer info.

Archived