New Bachmann DCC Sound 2-6-0

Gene

Hi guys! For various reasons It has been almost year since I did any modelling but last week I stopped at the local hobby shop and on impulse, bought the new Bachmann Alco 2-6-0 Mogul with Dcc Sound on Board... the price was just too good for a factory sound equipped loco to pass up.

I was really pleased when I got it out of the box and put it on the track...I'm not a stickler for accuracy but it looks right to my eye...it's probably light on detail and I doubt its really close for a CN 2-6-0 but it looks good and sounds great straight out of the box. I'm no expert on the sounds of a real 2-6-0 but I do like the sounds on this one . All I did was add crew, real coal and some weathering. Colour photos were hard to find, I actually only found one...and it showed a lot of brownish "dirt" on the loco,,,so...that is what I did. All in all I would say its a great buy for an excellent price.

Here are some before and after pics.

Attached Thumbnails

attachment.php?attachmentid=31666&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1341375062 attachment.php?attachmentid=31667&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1341375062 attachment.php?attachmentid=31668&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1341375062 attachment.php?attachmentid=31669&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1341375062

Gene, I think the model looks right because it's a good representation of a real loco - the B class 2-6-0s Alco built for the Green Bay & Western.

251sawyer.jpg

I can't help but agree, they're a lovely little modele for the price.

• 1 month later...

I'm traveling at the moment...flying home tomorrow...I'll check and let you know in a day or so....I'm assuming you want that in imperial? Or do you prefer metric?

Could you tell me what the coupled wheelbase and driver diameter are?

The drivers are 16 mm on the tires and 17.4 mm. on the flanges

Now for the wheelbase....are you looking for the wheelbase of the loco? or loco and coupled tender buffer to buffer? of just the drivers? or the length of the drivers plus leading truck?

Could you tell me what the coupled wheelbase and driver diameter are?

The drivers are 16 mm on the tires and 17.4 mm. on the flanges

Now for the wheelbase....are you looking for the wheelbase of the loco? or loco and coupled tender buffer to buffer? of just the drivers? or the length of the drivers plus leading truck?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What I am after are the two distances between centres of the coupled wheels. Front drivers to centre drivers and centre drivers to rear drivers. Many thanks for your help so far.

Archived