RailRoad and co and NCE

Gary White

• RMweb Premium

Is it possible just to use railroad co via a Nce system and laptop etc to control the turnouts on the layout or would i have to install blocks as well

How easy is it to set up and use the idea i have is to use it on an exibition layout i am re building to cut down on the wiring and up the reliblity and ease of control

Yours

Gary

Should work if you have a Power-Pro system, where the connection is via the Serial Port. PowerCab via USB is not on the supported systems list.

If all you want is a diagram of your layout on screen which then controls the turnouts, you can do it without spending money on software.

Both JMRI and RocRail can do this easily, both are free. Both well supported by their development teams.

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks Nigel for your help

Yes thats all iwant just a diagram on the laptop to control the turnouts as it is a big layout and we are doing the computer control as a first for the club

Do you happen to use it

Yours

Gary

Gary,

I'm a contributor to the JMRI project; User Interface design of DecoderPro 3, and co-written tutorials on UK signalling capabilities.

Whilst some of the signaling capabilities may be more powerful than you have in mind, the tutorials might be useful for understanding how to create a layout logical diagram with the layout editor.

http://www.jmri.org/community/clinics/ and select the one on "UK signalling" near the top of the list. Though the tutorial is written for LocoNet/Digitrax systems, the principles work with any make of system.

If your layout is complex, you may find the best way is to create the logical connection between the entire layout in the layout editor, then build specific panels with the panel editor for sections of the model. (You can have ONE "layout" created with layout editor, but can have an unlimited number of "panels" created with panel editor).

I have used RocRail, but its been a while since I last downloaded and ran it.

Either of those two programs will do what you require.

Both will also let you control the turnouts and trains from either Apple iPhones or Android smart phones and tablets.

- Nigel

Archived