DCC fitted locos by Hornby...

Sutton Junction

Hi everyone,

With the forthcoming release of the Class 67 I am unsure which version to buy, the DCC Ready or DCC Fitted version. I would rather by the Fitted version but this depends which decoder it comes with, is it the standard or the Sapphire decoder? I want both the EWS and DBS liveried locos and consider it cheaper to buy DCC Fitted if its the right decoder.

Thankyou in advance for any replys you give me,

Sutty :)

I'm not aware of any Hornby DCC fitted locos pre-fitted with a Sapphire I'm afraid. The early DCC fitted locos were fitted with the rather poor R8215 with their now standard R8249 replacing this. The odd one out was the Pendolino with its strange 7 pin decoder.

So it's likely to be an R8249 in my opinion.

Thanks for the re

I'm not aware of any Hornby DCC fitted locos pre-fitted with a Sapphire I'm afraid. The early DCC fitted locos were fitted with the rather poor R8215 with their now standard R8249 replacing this. The odd one out was the Pendolino with its strange 7 pin decoder.

So it's likely to be an R8249 in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply and the answer I expected, looks like ill be going with the DCC ready version then, I dont really think much of the standard Hornby decoder. Ill fit it with a Sapphire or Bachmann 21 pin decoder :)

Archived