This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Attachment test ,

Sidecar Racer

That's a .JPG format, I'm told that it's not the best for rendering line drawings, but I don't know what is better, and whether the RMweb software would allow it. I've had a couple of pictures / sketches "declined" as being an unacceptable format on this forum.

I know that Andy has said in the past that there was no intention to widen the range of formats allowed, but is there a list of the acceptable ones? Or is it only .JPG ?

• RMweb Gold
That's a .JPG format, I'm told that it's not the best for rendering line drawings

Hi Don,

If that's a scanned paper sketch, JPG is the best format.

For drawings created on a computer, CAD, screenshots, computer graphics, etc. JPG is the worst possible format. Use PNG format instead.

JPG is for real-world images created with a lens -- cameras, scanners. Use PNG for images created by computer. That will give a much better image quality and much smaller file size.

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Martin is correct , it is a scan of a sketch , I had to resize it and did that in JPG as opposed to

BMP , I have'nt tried uploading BMP's as I am aware that they are larger files .

I did resize the same drawing in BMP and have just looked at the results , it came out as 1MB file size

while the JPG is 18k .

Archived