Random Jottings

Edge

Okay, so I've been bitten by the 'N' Gauge bug. Bwfore we continue any further, I wish to say a 'Damn you!' to both Dapol and Farish for lightening my wallets considerably over the next couple of years.

My tastes are far too eclectic for any sort of historical accuracy to be managed, and so I struck upon the idea of modelling a preserved railway. This would give me the excuse to run absolutely anything I like (if I run something that isn't preserved, I can now legitimately say that a local presevation group has built a new one) alongside some of Dapol's fantastic modern image DMUs.

So, without further ado, here is the first (very) rough sketch of my track plan, loosely based upon Grosmont:

plan.jpg

Please let me know what you think. Hopefully, it will be tidied up when I actualy begin planning properly. The tentative plan is for the layout to be DCC, but that rather unlikely for a while yet.

DP1 starter set and a BR 'Terrier' are winging their way towards me as we speak, and an NCB 14 will be purchased quite shortly. Hopefully, ground will be broken on the baseboards a few weeks after that

Let me know what you guys think, I'd eb interested to hear your opinions

Edge

Archived