Not Another Halfords Question

• RMweb Gold

Guys, I'm a bit confused as to the colour of BR Green diesels at the time of introduction, especially classes 31,33, 35, 37. I'm talking here about the main body colour green, not any mid bodyside bands or lower bodyside colours.

Should they all be the same colour as BR loco green at the time, or were there some variants? (Am most interested in late 50's/early 60's).

Thanks

Guest 40-something

Hi Metroland

All green diesels essentially carried BR Brunswick Green as the main bodyside colour, generally with a white stripe seperating the green from the roof grey. Im not sure though if the 33's maybe carried MU green, someone more knowledgeable should be able to help with that one.

Hi Metroland

All green diesels essentially carried BR Brunswick Green as the main bodyside colour, generally with a white stripe seperating the green from the roof grey. Im not sure though if the 33's maybe carried MU green, someone more knowledgeable should be able to help with that one.

You are aware that Brunswick green isn't quite the same shade as that used by BR, BR used a darker green?

it was the theme of a long discussion on here a while back.

Guest 40-something

You are aware that Brunswick green isn't quite the same shade as that used by BR, BR used a darker green?

it was the theme of a long discussion on here a while back.

HI Blacksheep, Im aware of that, I mentioned it as it seems to be the common name for BR loco green

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the responses. I couldn't find the earlier thread, though there seem to be several threads on colours, and eg Halfords equivalents.

Ref the darker green, not sure of correct title but is that the 'late GWR loco green' that some people use?

Guys, I'm a bit confused as to the colour of BR Green diesels at the time of introduction, especially classes 31,33, 35, 37. I'm talking here about the main body colour green, not any mid bodyside bands or lower bodyside colours.

Should they all be the same colour as BR loco green at the time, or were there some variants? (Am most interested in late 50's/early 60's).

Thanks

Hi , I haven't found a good match for B.R. green at Halfords, i prefer Railmatch enamel spray number 1300, use very light coats and allow plenty of time between coats.

This paint is also available in jars number 300 for enamel and number 2300 for acrylic. Try Shawplans website.

Good luck Ian

Archived