Poor running Bachmann Dcc on board Jinty

Hi

Have had this loco for about 6 months and have come to run it and it runs very bad infact never had such a poor runner out of all the locos i have ever bought. I thought it might be the dcc chip so have ajusted the cv's but its running is stil very lumpy and thereis nothing smooth about it. Could running it in help or could there be another reason for poor running?

Any one got any ideas to what it could be?

Scott

Bachmann's own decoders are not the best match for their small steam loco motors. If it has the 36-553 decoder, fiddling around with CV's 54 and 55 values can usually tame things somewhat. You need a small value in CV 54 - somewhere around 10, it's worth trying 6, 8, 10, 12 - and the maximum value of 63 in CV 55, which tells the decoder it is looking at a small, low momentum motor. I have a couple of these chassis in use, bought unfitted. With Lenz silver minis in them they are superb runners, smooth, quiet, responsive.

Bach's own advice, doesn't include the Jinty, but the set-up is very similar to the 56xx which is listed. http://www.Bachmann....er_settings.pdf

I will have a look. i played with these earlier and the loco wouldnt run at all. I might put a small digitrax decoder in the loco becuase im also getting a high pitched hum from the loco very similar to running a non dc loco on a dcc track. The loco at present runs like its got square wheels haha.

Thanks

Scott

Archived