Class 20 undergubbins ?

I'm hoping to improve the look of my freewheeling Lima Class 20, starting with those slabs on the side but despite hours of browsing Flickr & the like, I can't find any reasonably detailed photos of the equipment that lives under the middle (battery boxes ?, drain cocks ?) in order to try & represent it.

Do any kind souls out there have a reference photo or two they could post ?

Ta muchly.

Note*: Apologies to the mods if this should be under "Modelling..." I wasn't sure either way :scratchhead: , but since I'm asking for prototype photos I plumped for that.

In the unlikely event that Brian's excellent photos don't give you the angle you need, here are a few shots of No. 20031 on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway - unfortunately I only have photos of one side of the loco, but being in preserved condition many of the fittings are touched up in coloured paint so they're easier to identify:

post-9324-0-76089900-1343942310_thumb.jpg

post-9324-0-68732000-1343942336_thumb.jpg

post-9324-0-91694500-1343942545_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Will

Thank you gentlemen. :imsohappy:

Brian, that is a fantastic set of pictures, no I hadn't seen it. Flickr has hundreds of Class 20 pics, but leaving out the key word "detail" from my search meant that I didn't get any of your set in my results, or certainly not near the beginning.

Will, yes the paint by numbers look does make it easy to id the various parts.

Archived