Attaching a track plan

Hi folks, Have tried to attach an Epson Perfection stich and sew generated track plan ( less than 6MB) to a PM without any success. Keep getting the same message 'cant attach this file'. Am I doing something stupidly wrong, or is it to do with the A3 original size?

Help please

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

What is the file format? If it is 6MB in size it is probably a .bmp file. Such files are not allowed as attachments on RMweb, and in any event 6MB is far too large for an attached file.

Try opening the file in a graphics program such as MS Paint, and then saving it in PNG format.

regards,

Martin.

Hi Martin, It's a tiff file, 1589 x 1136, 5.16MB and when I've tried to attach it, it's saying anything up to 10MB should be ok! I'm still not sure it's something to do with the scan and stitch, but I'll try what you say, though failing any progress I'll photocopy it to A4 and scan again. Many thanks for your advice. Kind regards Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

TIFF files are not allowed as attachments.

If it was originally scanned, open it in a graphics editor program and save it in JPG format.

If it was originally computer-generated, open it in a graphics editor and save it in PNG format.

It should then attach easily. And the file size will be much smaller.

regards,

Martin.

Archived