Painting blackpool trams. ......

dave flint

Im after advice please for the best shades for the green/cream of blackpool tramways.

Be a couple of hadfields kits and intend to scratcbuild a couple more using plasticard. Will acrylics be suitable for both plastics?

Im happy with the insides of the boat cars,but can anyone advise of the seating types and colours of princess Alice's upper deck?

And does anyone have a shot showing what the upper deck of engineering car 754 looks like ? Methinks i could get away with anything judging from internet searches !

Hi Dave,

It depends what era are you modelling... There have been at least three distinct shades of green used and the cream has varied from off-white to a rich yellowy cream.

For currently used colours (suits late 1980s onwards) I use Humbrol 'Emrald Green' and 'Ivory'. The ivory is slightly off to the whiter end of the spectrum compared to freshly applied paint but good for appearance after a year or two exposed to salty sea air.

The seats currently on the top deck of Alice are I believe ex-boat seats so same style of swingover wooden seats and are the same tan colour. From memory, I think the innner side panels are dark green.

Paul

Archived