Kernow MRC - Scenecraft China Clay Dries & Chimney

Andy Y

To be brutally honest, I actually, really, laughed out loud at that post :D

I think Id rather have a semi-informed, slightly sketchy knowledge of a subject than to get just a wee bit obsessive bout matters that don't really matter in the great scheme o things

Tell that to the people who volunteer their time to work at the China Clay Museum, the members of the China Clay History Society, the Cornwall Archaeological Unit, the Trevithick Society, and authors such as Maurice Dart and Charles Thurlow.

It probably doesn't matter to someone who lives in France, or Australia, or Northampton, but to those of us who actually grew up in clay country, and those of us who worked in the industry, clay is everything, it's our living history and industrial heritage, and we're rightly so very proud of it.

Tell us, Mickey, what is your life's work and passion? What cultural heritage have you worked to preserve over your lifetime? Are you writing a book too? I'm interested to know what qualifies you to mock the importance and significance of my work.

Whether you're an expert or not your self-important style of communication leaves me, and probably some others, not particularly receptive to your information. Thank you providing your information but I'm sure readers will be able to make their own decisions whether we buy said product without you telling us we shouldn't.

With all due respect, I'm sure they will be able to make their own decisions whether they buy said product WITH me telling them they shouldn't as well. That's part of the benefits of living in a free, democratic society. But in fairness, I never actually told anyone to do anything. Whether you like my communication style or not, I certainly didn't break any rules that I'm aware of, and I was merely reacting in shock to what I consider to be glaring mistakes at a horrendous price tag. If people want to question my authority on the subject that's up to them, but I'm only going to ever come to my own defense when that happens, naturally.

just how accurate do you want your models?

Very accurate, that's pretty much the point of model making for me. I like to use model railways as a window into the past. Does that make my opinion any less valid? Perhaps in your eyes it does, so in that case, perhaps don't read my posts? A simple yet elegant solution, I think.

Archived