Special Interest Groups-an Own Goal?

I remembered a question on here from a month or so ago, and found some information which I thought may be useful. I looked under UK Prototype Questions, but could not find it. I tried the Search facility and -tada it worked (I think that's a first for me), and found the post in railways of Cornwall.

Now, it seems to me that there are so many special interest groups that it may be self-defeating. Is it possible to put a post in more than one forum area?

Ed

Is it possible to put a post in more than one forum area?

It is but that is a big :no: :no:

Two or more topics with the same title will cause confusion on where to post a reply not to mention more than one listing in the VNC for those who never look in special interest forums.

I think a shortcut would be a better solution. Perhaps it can be linked with the tagging system, such that a tag will generate a shortcut to the thread in another forum.

Of course, while a good idea in princible, in practise it could be a bit of a ball ache to achieve and police. Though, the whole thing might be a mute point, given that the search fuctionality achieve the desired effect with out costly and complex programing.

Regards

Matt

Archived