Station platform lights

Hello!

I really fancy loads of those Viessmann platform lights, but at around ??8 each, thats way to much for me. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get working platform lights, or something simular for use on platforms thats more for those who have a low budget.

Thechnically, just like Peco have done. Those expensive Viessmann catenaries, and now peco do budget ones. Anyone do that sort of thing but for working lights?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

PS: if needs be, I shall have to make my own out of plasticard tubes and LEDs.

I've bought a few sets of working lights on eBay from a seller in China called wehonest (Yes, I know but they live up to it!). They do various styles and are supplied with appropriate resistors where necessary. They are very good value. They also come in very useful gift boxes!

Totally agree with Simon on the Layouts 4 U lights. I recieved my 3V N gauge ones the other day, so far ive only tested them (Blew one 'coz it slipped and hit the 12v unsure.gif ) and the are quite bright, definately good value.

Ste.

Totally agree with Simon on the Layouts 4 U lights. I recieved my 3V N gauge ones the other day, so far ive only tested them (Blew one 'coz it slipped and hit the 12v unsure.gif ) and the are quite bright, definately good value.

Ste.

I've not tried Layouts4U but I've had good service from Kytes Lights and I think they are cheaper for my 00 gauge lights. I, too, have only tested what I've bought (street lights, yard lights and platform lights) and so far have not had any failures.

Harold.

Hi Jack,

Try Layouts4u:

http://www.layouts4u.net/

You can get 10 lights for about ??10, they have both modern and old lights and are fairly good quality

It's where I got all the lights Hythe and would really recommend them!

Simon

P.S. No relation to the company, just a happy costumer!

Thank you very much! Im gonna email them to see what they have on offer.

Look at Christmas lights.

For ??4.99 I bought a 5m pre wired string of 70 small low voltage bulbs, (Not LED) complete with plug type transformer. (Home Bargains)

You will need to re-work, build masts etc, but 70 for a fiver !! Should be cheaper still in January.

Brit15

Try their site at www.kyteslights.com I bought some at Brighton model world last year and they are excellent. 12 volt lamps and very reasonable.

Perfecto! Whata great range of lights for 00. I've found 2 that Im really interested in.

For the platforms:

awo6w/150 Double Platform

For the car park:

plaza 12v Plaza light

Archived