St Margarets shed (64A)

thepinmaster

Don't know if you've seen this book before, I haven't came across it myself.

It was mentioned on another forum, and it was suggested it was quite new but I don't know if that's right or not.

http://booklaw.co.uk/eshop/product_info.php?cPath=21_294&products_id=5740

Seems a no-brainer purchase for yourself if you haven't already got it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bill, Thanks for the info. Can you tell me where or how I can contact this gentleman so that I might rob him of some pictures?

At the moment, Harry is looking for pictures rather than passing them on - which is why he contacted me as I have some 'modern' era pictures on Railscot of diesels passing the site after the shed was demolished. As far as I know most of the material he will be using is not his own but from the likes of Stuart Sellar.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

3 pics in 'diesels and electrics on shed 4 - scottish region' (rex kennedy/OPC) of NB shunters on shed - D2715 in november 1965, D2706 in august 1962 and D2745 in july 1965.

the first one is shown on the turntable and the 3rd one on one of the turntable stabling tracks. as PH said earlier, this turntable didn't have any 'covering' to the tracks, just the stone-built 'office'? building to the rear

If you try Ebid there's a guy on there by the name of Topticl currently selling photographs of St Margarets from the 1960s. As of today (Sunday) he has 9 listed, all due to end on Monday. I think they are originally from GN Turnbull slides and you can see them before you bid or buy.

I have bought from him in the past and been very pleased with the outcome.

Hi, have had a look at ebid and have most of the pictures in black and white. The engine being used as a boiler I needed its position in relation to the turntable, and I think I got it from just looking at the picture. Many thanks.

3 pics in 'diesels and electrics on shed 4 - scottish region' (rex kennedy/OPC) of NB shunters on shed - D2715 in november 1965, D2706 in august 1962 and D2745 in july 1965.

the first one is shown on the turntable and the 3rd one on one of the turntable stabling tracks. as PH said earlier, this turntable didn't have any 'covering' to the tracks, just the stone-built 'office'? building to the rear

Thank you for your help I will have a look for the book.

Archived