Tomix N Gauge Working Semaphore Signal

• RMweb Premium

At the Dapol open weekend I was able to acquire one of the glorious Tomix Signals. They were released a few years back and a new supply run has clearly taken place.

Its appears a very easy job to fully "Anglisise " the signal arms and paint the ladders to represent a Westrn Region Round Metal Post Signal circa 1965.

It comes complete with code 80 track, moulded ballast and built in Soleniod switches in the track beds. Its pre-wired but the instructions are japanese !!

I cannot find any English instructions as yet on Google. Anyone else have them and able to explain the wiring for the Distant & Home signals ?

Carl

At the Dapol open weekend I was able to acquire one of the glorious Tomix Signals. They were released a few years back and a new supply run has clearly taken place.

Its appears a very easy job to fully "Anglisise " the signal arms and paint the ladders to represent a Westrn Region Round Metal Post Signal circa 1965.

It comes complete with code 80 track, moulded ballast and built in Soleniod switches in the track beds. Its pre-wired but the instructions are japanese !!

I cannot find any English instructions as yet on Google. Anyone else have them and able to explain the wiring for the Distant & Home signals ?

Carl

Its wired like a Tomix or Kato point for the motors (DC 12v) and with a separate feed for the LED (also 12v). Tomix lighting and bits are not 16v tolerant so if working in the DCC world be careful how you wire it.

The inbuilt motors take 12v DC *pulse* - in one direction it moves the arm up and the other moves it down. The lighting just needs wiring the right way around and you can find that by testing carefully with a low voltage and seeing which way lights up.

I've never seen the home/distant one but I've used the home one I got from Japan without problems. I have it wired for DCC control using a static decoder intended specifically for kato/tomix products.

Archived