Replica Railways FO coaches (MK1) - What formations?

I have settled upon Bachmann BR MK1 coaches as the best there is in RTR 'OO' so have marshalled an 'early' rake of MK1s in WR crimson and cream, and a 'later' set in WR chocolate and cream. [i dare not think of buying any maroon coaches - too many coaches already]. Where there are no WR allocation MK1 coaches of a particular type available from Bachmann the only option is to have LMR 'strengthening' coaches so I bought CK and BCK coaches in LMR crimson and cream.

The main omission from the Bachmann MK1 range is the FO [first open] so I have five Replica Railways FO coaches in LMR crimson and cream, and two in WR chocolate and cream. To avoid the FO coaches being lonely I can use Replica BCKs and BGs in crimson and cream, and chocolate and cream. Also, a Replica RB in chocolate and cream.

Next up I need to use the first opens in some resemblance of an actual train but, in all the formations I know of, the FO coaches were / are conspicuous by their absence.

Question. Has anyone got any information about FO MK1 coaches in LMR crimson and cream, and WR chocolate and cream in train consists?

With some license and time shift this might work for the brown and cream coaches:

Cambrian Coast Express 1961= BSK/ SK/ FK/ RU/ FK/ SK/ BSK

Cambrian Coast Express 1962= BSK/ SK/ FK/ FK/ CK/ SK/ BSK plus RB/ SO/ BSK

If the worst comes to the worst, I may need to 'discover' a little known private charter train of all MK1 FOs with a BCK at each end and a buffet in the middle. Maybe an ECS move? Could be a special boat train with BGs on one end?

One complication could be that the Replica brown and cream FO (W3101) was built in 1961 to Lot 73 for Scottish Region. I do not know when the real coach moved south to be on Western Region books.

Thanks in advance.

Archived