Vulcan Eng. 2021 Pannier tank O gauge

I have a Vulcan Engineering/Eric Underhill 2021 Class Pannier tank kit in O gauge. A fairly straight forward kit, however, there are no instructions. Has anyone a copy they can send to me (scanned attachment) so that all the small items can be placed in the correct positions. The model is easy to construct, but when the white metal packet of fitting is opened, there are quite a few that I do not know where they should be fitted, and it is these that finish off a very nice little kit. Thanking you, e-mail can be provided if anyone can help out. Cheers David

I think a 5700 instructions would be a very good start. As I believe the 57's were a rebuild from the 2021's anyway, so I would think that the general location of this and that fitting would be similar. I have sourced many photos, but that is only part of the story. I am new to RM Web so not sure how you can get them to me, I think you can attach to a post, but if not, my e-mail is d.lord@bigpond.com

Thanks for the reply. So far I have constructed the basic chassis, the footplate and just about to fit the wheel splasher tops and buffer beams.

I note you like the Duke of G. I am currently building (Slowly) an Acorn Duke of Gloucester in O gauge. I purchased this before the later models by some of the more expensive kit suppliers, (such as Andrew's and Finney), so it is very much a hands on work it out affair, but it is coming along very nicely and the Brittania from the same stable is almost complete and looking very impressive.

Cheers David

...I believe the 57's were a rebuild from the 2021's...

No, the 57XX were new builds but essentially followed the dimensions set for the 2721 and 1854 classes. The 2021 class were smaller and lighter with a shorter wheelbase and smaller driving wheels. Two of the prototypes of the 54XX class were modified 2021 class.

Nick

Archived