Beilhack class 40/45 bogie snowplough questions

Dan Griffin

currently on my work bench are two class 40 bogies awaiting conversion into snow ploughs. however im having great difficulty finding pictures and drawings on the ploughs, my research trip to peterborough found two pairs of ZZA's but the bogie based ones had departed for scottish climbs!! has anyone on here built thier own ploughs they can upload a picture of? or detail pics of a plough?? my models will be finished in BR yellow. im after details on the walkways behind the plough blade. also can anyone advise me on actually making the blade? and what, if any, methods other people have used? thanks in advance. Dan.

I have part built 4 of these but I am using the Britannia Paciffic 4mm kits.

See below for kit components and prototype views.

post-1373-0-47687400-1345891630_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-67772000-1345891685_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-74626000-1345891717_thumb.jpg

Above shots are from Strattford. There were differences between these being built at Ashford and somewhere else! (which I can't remember wher).

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

just wondering, were the real blades some sort of 'proprietary' item or made in-house during the conversions?

if using an already available item, there may be an equivalent somewhere in road vehicle snowploughs

currently on my work bench are two class 40 bogies awaiting conversion into snow ploughs. however im having great difficulty finding pictures and drawings on the ploughs, my research trip to peterborough found two pairs of ZZA's but the bogie based ones had departed for scottish climbs!! has anyone on here built thier own ploughs they can upload a picture of? or detail pics of a plough?? my models will be finished in BR yellow. im after details on the walkways behind the plough blade. also can anyone advise me on actually making the blade? and what, if any, methods other people have used? thanks in advance. Dan.

The photos in here may be of some help http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/snowplough

Paul Bartlett

Archived