Eye Candy for the Bank Holiday Weekend......

shortliner

....well it is "Darn sarf" at any rate - we had ours at the begining of the month, when the weather was reasonable - but since we haven't had one for a while, how about this?

http://www.modvid.co..._bike_shop.html Them's MY sort of machines - proper 'Bikes!

Found on the RailRoad Line forum and reposted as a direct link rather than using their bandwidth. Be sure you also look at the "DETAIL" photos at the bottom of the page

Enjoy, people!

Granted it is 1:35 scale, but it isn't just the detail - it is everything from the rusting/weathering, to the general "run-down" atmosphere that amazes me - back in the day, I knew a lot of bike shops that were just like that - if you coudn;t find the bit you needed, go sort through the junk-pile out the back! You can almost smell Castrol 'R' fumes in the air. A true master craftsman!

Man, I'd love that blue chopped Triumph in 1:1 Scale!

You see the model of a model in the window? Trash bag, so much to admire.

Diorama's allow people to get into this level of detail without spending 30 years on a project...

Best, Pete.

PS Bank Holiday weekend here too. "Labor Day" on Monday, kids go back to school next Wednesday. Hooray!

Archived