I'm new and need help

thomo3030

Hi,

I'm new to the web site and to model railways in general and I could do with some help.

I have an old Inter City 125 that makes a lot of noise and hardly moves, so in order to learn how it works I decided to strip down the motor bogie, however I can't seem to get the spur gear off the end of the axle and therefore can't remove armature assembly. Is it connected to the axle by screw thread or does it need so brute force to get it off?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul, and welcome to RMweb

Your question would actually be better off in the Hints and Tips section rather than here, might pay to see if the Mods will move it for you.

That said, usually you don't need to remove the armature of the old pancake motors (I'm assuming that's what it is, you didn't mention what scale or breed it is).

Usually they only need a wheel clean and maybe the tiniest amount of oil to get them moving. It would also pay to check the brushes and springs. Try that before stripping it down any further and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Rob.

Welcome to the forum Paul. I have moved your thread to the area that will receive a better response. New members is really just an are where people can introduce themselves should they wish to. It isn't compulsory and if like you they want o dive in straight away and ask a question that is ok as that is why the forum exists really.

If you have a look on the front page you should see the many and varied areas for all manner of questions and it is just a case of judging where best to place it for the best response. Not always easy granted but it does get easier.

Of course if you wish to start another topic to introduce yourself in the New Members section feel free and if you explain what scale and era you are interested in you may find out that you attract more replies from those that can help in future.

Archived