Signaling terminus station

Hi folks having laid my track and in the process of building my platforms and before i start to ballast I would like some help signaling my station which is set in the 1960s in the west yorkshire area.

I was thinking along the lines of semaphore signals but arent sure if i would need subsidiary signals mounted below

the starter signals on each platform , have been looking at the lairds excellent bradfield glouster square layout and am thinking my needs maybe similar, Also i would like some help with the placement of ground signals which am not sure about at all !! the loco release crossovers at the platform ends would be ground frame operated i understand in this time period so they wouldnt need ground discs .

Any help would be gratefully apreciated .

Have attached layout plan

Cheers Andy

post-6194-0-30949200-1347109583_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I would definitely make the release crossovers ground frame worked. Much easier to do in the real world than working from the box in semaphore signalling.

As far as subsidiary aspects are concerned, they would only be essential if it was possible to do a shunt wrong line out of the platforms up to a Limit of Shunt. Other considerations on local conditions and the fashion within that company determined whether they were provided for shunts out to the right line.

How far are you going to go with the scenic section on the RHS? This would also determine, in addition to what you decide about the LoS or not, as to what ground signals would be needed coming back in.

Hi forgot to mention the platform one is at the top of the picture and is for local passenger trains,dmu's etc platforms two,three and four are the main platforms,the bottom track is the up line and the top is the downline,The right hand side is where the scenic section ends at the classic road bridge to the fiddle yard ,not very original i know ! so i dont have room to put in the station aproach signals ,only the starter signals and ground signals, hope this makes it a bit clearer.

cheers Andy

Hi yes Signalengineer I planned for the carriage sidings and engine sheds to be off scene and only modeled the station due to lack of space which is a shame. could do with another tewnty feet or so to model them but that aint going to happen unless my lotto numbers come up!!,So would I be ok in thinking the signals that apply to them need not be modeled and can be imagined off scene also ?

Cheers Andy

Archived