Euro Train Enthusiasts, San Fran

Bar Side

Hi

Been to the European Train Enthusiasts show at the Blackhawk Auto Museaum, Blackhawk CA, today. Great layout & nice guys to have a chat to. Bit off the beaten track for a UK Great Eastern modeler, but good take in on my US hols.

They have a site at www.ete.org with the layout on it.

They are there in to the new year so check it out if you are nearby.

Ivan

The members of the European Train Enthusiasts chapters that I have met have all been die-hard Marklin modellers. Therefore they tend to have an orientation towards Austrian, German and Swiss layouts. Not much interest in the SNCF or the UK. In my experience most of the modellers in the USA are as parochial as the British modellers were in the 1960s so other than the ETE there are few show layouts of other than US subjects. The British Railway Modellers of North America are mostly in Canada.

Yep Marklin US AC set up but its a large modula layout with lots of nice scenery & a small metre gauage section. The guys were just big rail fans & had a print out of Torando's exploits from the BBC site & were chuffed to show it to a brit.

Would be difficult to include the UK without having british HO stock - lots of platform fouling from anything oo I would imagine. The logic for using AC in the US is pretty sensible.

The auto museum is pretty good too.

Ivan

Archived