Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Waverley Route new image links and discussion

'CHARD

Guest Max Stafford

Bonkers!

Must have truly caned it down the glen to catch Scotsman at Sandholm again!

Dave.

• Like 2

Guest tony graham

Bonkers!

Must have truly caned it down the glen to catch Scotsman at Sandholm again!

Dave.

Aye who would drive that road a such speed ? Nutters

• Like 2

It's great to see 'new' snippets of unseen footage, photos, paperwork or just information and tales come to light after all these years. Makes you wonder what other gems are out there lurking in people's collections just waiting to be (re)discovered! Class 50 anyone?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Aye who would drive that road a such speed ? Nutters

Aye, too true.

You'd of levelled her at the 204 Stig!!!

Climbing well for a single chimney and I note the 'permissive' speed was only a guide line.

One more thing. Steele Road, the best Bobby Hest Banks ever had, period.

Mac.

• Like 2

Guest tony graham

Aye, too true.

You'd of levelled her at the 204 Stig!!!

Mac.

Are you trying to tell me something???

What the hell is the chap in the foreground up to? A single fish? :O

I dunno, but I hope he and his mate at the far end of the first coach have a T2, sorry line blockage, in place.

There could be some brown trousers if there's "one on" on the Up line........

• Like 1

One more thing. Steele Road, the best Bobby Hest Banks ever had, period.

You're too kind sir, I certainly put the hours in!

Things are really taking shape up at Whitrope now. I look forward to coming up again when I get a spare moment which seems a rarity nowadays!

Edited by Steele Road

I've always been fascinated by the social history of the line and the lives of the people who worked on it. This shot (from the WR Lynn Collection) is a personal favourite. To me, it captures the atmosphere of a bygone era. It's like a time machine, you could almost be standing there in Riccarton South box having a brew and a blether!

post-12191-0-22774600-1336476583_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I've always been fascinated by the social history of the line and the lives of the people who worked on it. This shot (from the WR Lynn Collection) is a personal favourite. To me, it captures the atmosphere of a bygone era. It's like a time machine, you could almost be standing there in Riccarton South box having a brew and a blether!

Time machine?

So its like the Borders then in 2012.

Awaiting the day that a meaningful, prospective, affluent time will return.

Or the railway as I prefer to call it.

Hey ho, shruggy shoulders.....

I might have been on a politics course recently.

Na, didn't learn nowt!

Mac.

Edited by Iain Mac
  • Like 1

Your man on the left with the hair is surely a time-travelling member of THE MEN THEY COULDN'T HANG.

That is one beautiful image.

Regular working, I think. Used to see the towing combination heading north from time to time when on the Saturday-only dmu back to Hawick.

see http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=17882

Having said that, this one was taken on a Saturday afternoon - the only occasion that Robin and I took photos together

http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=23820

Putting two and two together ~ and perhaps getting five ~ I wonder if in the Ernie's shot the loco has dumped the Hawick Clayton and/or the Gala shunter back in the Borders and is making its way back light engine.

Bruce

• Like 2

Pleased to see we're filling-in some more Last Month gaps with help from Kenneth Gray, as Maid of All Work D211 GSYP reaches Teri with the 9.30 Up Waverley (portion), 1M01 or 1M10 depending which source you believe, and of course immaterial to disc fitted Type 4 interlopers such as this....

http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete2.php?id=38816

• Like 1

Regular working, I think. Used to see the towing combination heading north from time to time when on the Saturday-only dmu back to Hawick.

see http://www.railbrit....te.php?id=17882

Having said that, this one was taken on a Saturday afternoon - the only occasion that Robin and I took photos together

http://www.railbrit....te.php?id=23820

Putting two and two together ~ and perhaps getting five ~ I wonder if in the Ernie's shot the loco has dumped the Hawick Clayton and/or the Gala shunter back in the Borders and is making its way back light engine.

Bruce

I thought similarly, Bruce: for some time I'd mentally grouped the three pictures together as being connected to the same working.

On face value 7602-8 - the 'Magnificent Seven' - counted this and the remaining L&B trip freights as part of their collective repertoire.

A selection of shots around Carlisle Canal, both junction & on shed .... some may have been linked before but thought I'd throw a few together. There are plenty more on Flickr but these stood out for me.

62712 Morayshire: 62712

42317 comes off the Silloth branch: 42317 Canal Jct.  071061

60019 Bittern with a railtour: Carlisle Canal Junction.

D5305 on shed - as built with green ends: Carlisle Canal 12C

D5312 same day as above but with small yellow panel: Carlisle, Canal 12C.