New Daytime Sleeper Service!?

Alex TM

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

When booking and collecting tickets my usual paranoia sets in and I always check them at least twice. I have never had any problems and there has never been anything odd, until now ....

I picked up tickets for a trip next month that would take me via Manchester, and for a change of trains at Oxford Road. I will be boarding a Transpennine service to Edinburgh at 1219 (i.e. early afternoon). My ticket, however, has me allocated a sleeper berth! I have checked with the relevant folk and my ticket and reservation are fine but they cannot explain why the computer thinks I'm on a sleeper.

I am now looking forward to a nice sleep for the couple of hours that I am on the train. Here was me thinking, too, that it would just be a dull 185! (If any interest is shown I'll confirm that it was computer madness and that I was bored and shaken by a 185 on the day.)

Has anyone else had 'strange' tickets and reservations?

Regards,

Alex.

Daytime sleeper would be nice as it's the nearest we can get today to a compartment all to yourself. Only strange tickets have been tour ones, for example Finsbury Park to Carmarthen. Looked even stranger on the departure board.

I've been on those sort of trains that you mention, even stranger though is when the departure screen only shows the train name!

Archived